FHQ Health Services
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Invites applications for the position of
(Permanent Full Time)
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a dynamic and progressive organization that provides a range of programs and health services which serve eleven First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. The position is based at the All Nations Healing Hospital, located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK.
The Clinical Pharmacist will work within a multidisciplinary and high functioning team, to provide safe culturally responsive client directed services, primary health care, chronic disease management, acute care management, and a focus on chronic kidney care services to individuals, families, and communities between the Rising Bear Healing Center and acute care services located at ANHH. This position works collaboratively with all departments of ANHH, the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQTC) Health Services, Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB), and the Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA).
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Degree from an accredited university
- Current Registration with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals
- Certificate of completion of an Accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency or suitable experience an asset
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of primary health care and chronic disease prevention and management, preferably in a community setting
- Demonstrates ability to apply research and best practice guidelines to clinical practice
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new skills, prioritize workload, and multi-task
- Proficient working in electronic database systems
- Flexibility to changing work demands
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dependability and demonstrated ability to work in a confidential and culturally safe environment
- Demonstrated knowledge, respect, and understanding of First Nations culture, ceremonies, and traditional medicine practices
In addition to the competitive health benefits and pension plan, professional development opportunities to enhance education and skills are supported that provide mutual benefit.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs/day). Flexibility may be needed due to operational requirements.
Rate of Pay: As per HSAS
Competitive Health Benefits and Pension Plan
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume, copy of diploma, and three references to:
FHQTC Health Services
P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.