The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Invites applications for the position of
Environmental Public Health Officer
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a non-profit organization that provides a range of programs and services to 11 First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. The position will work as part of the All Nations’ Healing Hospital and Health Services team, based at the “All Nations Healing Hospital” located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK.
Reporting to the Executive Director and/or designate, the Environmental Public Health Officer will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in carrying out measures for protecting public health by administering and applying legislation related to environmental public health. This position provides support and services to communities to minimize health and safety hazards by identifying environmental hazards which may affect community members and providing recommendations to Chief and Council.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health sciences (Public Health) or Environmental health related discipline
- Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada)
- 5 years experience in the field of environmental public health
- Knowledge and experience in working with First Nations people, culture, and traditions
- Valid class 5 licence
- Criminal & Vulnerable Sector check required
- Successful candidate must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or provide negative tests weekly
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and awareness of applicable legislation, guidelines and technical information related to environmental public health
- Knowledge of sample collection and interpretation of test results
- Knowledge of the social determinants of health
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team based working environment
- Ability to synthesize and interpret data
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communications, research, analytical and writing skills
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs./day)
Flexibility will be required based on operational requirements
Salary Range: $77,868 – $94,736
Benefits: Competitive Group Benefits and Pension Plan
Closing Date: Open Until a Suitable Candidate if Found
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume, copy of Degree and certification, and three references to:
FHQTC Health Services
P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.