File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council Invites applications for
Jordan’s Principle Health Navigator
Temporary Full Time Position (One Year)
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a non-profit organization that provides a range of programs and services to 11 First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. Based out of the All Nations Healing Hospital, the Health Navigator will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing services to meet client care needs.
Reporting to the Director of Community & Program Services or designate, the successful candidate will assist families with children with special needs by connecting them to services and resources children require both on and off reserve ensuring children receive quality appropriate health, social and educational services.
Applicants must possess:
- Recognized health degree (i.e., Social Work, Nursing, M.A. Psychology)
- Current practicing registration with appropriate licensing body
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License
- Current CIPC and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must have understanding and knowledge of programs and services provided in the health authority, Health Canada, intersectoral services, local communities, and the linkages between services
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to assess, develop and implement case planning with children and families
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge and respect of, and ability to work within First Nations Traditional and Spiritual Institutes
Hours of Work: 0830 to 1630 Monday to Friday (some flexible hours required)
Rate of Pay: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume and three references to:
FHQTC Health Services
450 8th Street, P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.