The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council
Invites applications for the position of
Medical Office Assistant – REPOSTED
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a dynamic and progressive organization that provides a range of programs and health services to serve the eleven First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. The position is based at the All Nations Healing Hospital, located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK.
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Community Services, the Medical Office Assistant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for clerical functions. The position requires knowledge and use of electronic data systems and electronic medical records. The individual handles confidential health information and adheres to all HIPA policies. This position also provides occasional support to services across the facility.
• Office Education Certificate and two years administrative experience.
• Medical terminology certificate.
• Working knowledge of electronic medical records e.g., Med Access
• Dependability and demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to learn new skills and multitask.
• Ability to manage patient flow including scheduling appointments and prioritizing patient needs
• Ability to operate and maintain office equipment, and filing systems
• Ability to work independently and/or within a team with minimum supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication with attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of various software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
• Flexibility to changing work demands
• Demonstrated knowledge, respect, and understanding of First Nations culture and traditions.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs./day). Flexibility may be required due to operational requirements
Rate of Pay: $42,939 to $45,922
Benefits: Competitive health benefits and pension plan
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume, copy of certification, and three references to:
FHQTC Health Services
P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.