One Year Term
The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council is a dynamic and progressive organization that provides a range of programs and health services which serve eleven First Nations throughout Southern Saskatchewan within the Treaty Four Territory. The position is based at the All Nations Healing Hospital, located in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK.
The Occupational Therapist will work as part of the rehabilitation team and greater multidisciplinary team to provide holistic therapy services in various settings including inpatient unit, outpatient department, and 11 First Nation communities, within a culturally responsive client directed care model. Serving a diverse population, the Occupational Therapist will work to full scope of practice and will be accountable for all aspects of occupational therapy care, ensuring best practice standards. The Occupational Therapist will provide consultation to clinical and medical staff and the greater multidisciplinary team and provide a leadership role to support program development and excellence in occupational therapy services within the team.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapy (SSOT)
- Current BLS certification
- Valid Saskatchewan drivers license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge, understanding, and cultural humility working with First Nations
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Ability to lead and motivate within the team to facilitate innovative practice and high standards of care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assist and/or develop policies and procedures according to best practices
- Demonstrate responsible decision making through applicable knowledge, critical thinking, and sound clinical, ethical, and legal practice
- Mentorship of students completing clinical placement
- Ability to organize workload demands to accommodate inpatient, outpatient, and community needs
- Demonstrates current and up to date knowledge of available adaptive equipment
- Ability to assess, order, and set up appropriate adaptive equipment for individuals with a variety of needs
- Demonstrates competency in wheelchair seating
- Trained and competent in administering cognitive assessments
- Demonstrates initiative to advocate for clients to a variety of funding sources to ensure clients receive the highest quality care
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7.5 hrs./day)
Rate of Pay: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits: Competitive health benefits and pension plan
Start Date: February 2023
Closing Date: Open Until a Suitable Candidate is Found
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter clearly demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume, copy of Degree, certification, and three current references to:
FHQTC Health Services
P.O. Box 300
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK. S0G 1S0
Fax: 306-332-3790 E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.