White Raven Healing Centre
Invites applications for Positions of
Wellness Transition Team Navigator/Counsellor
White Raven Healing Centre (WRHC) is located in Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan. WRHC provides holistic and integrative approaches as an affiliate organization of the Touchwood Agency and the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council that serves 15 First Nations in Southern Saskatchewan and within the Treaty Four Territory.
Reporting directly to the WRHC Executive Director, the Wellness Transition Team Navigator/Counsellor will provide confidential counselling support services with individuals, families and communities. This position will facilitate, enhance, and support the mental wellness, emotional growth development, recovery options, trauma recovery improving mental health and overall well-being and safety.
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Implementing client centered counselling supports;
- Work collectively within a team environment and report to Wellness Transition Team Lead;
- Provide safe emergency and crisis counselling, wellness transition and interventions to individuals, children, youth, families, and groups;
- Proactively engage with clients by developing rapport, advocate and work in collaboration with WRHC integrated programming staff to provide trauma informed care, treatment and support;
- Case Management and collaboration for best practice in providing mental wellness supports.
- Undergraduate degree in Indigenous Social Work, Social Work, Psychology or health related discipline. A combination of education and experience may also be considered;
- Minimum one year experience as a therapist/counsellor and experience with multiple modalities of counselling and wellness techniques;
- Coordinating and facilitating programming, training and workshops and case management;
- Trauma Informed Care & Culturally Responsive Treatment, and conflict resolution experience;
- Strengths with interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational capabilities;
- Must be able to pass security screening and maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of First Nations values, culture, traditions, and governance;
Hours of Work: 0830 to 1630 (Monday to Friday)
May be required to work weekends due to operational requirements.
Rate of Pay: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Closing Date: September 28, 2021
All interested individuals should forward a cover letter demonstrating how they meet the requirements of this position, a current resume and three references to:
Fort Qu’Appelle, SK S0G 1S0
To apply for this job email your details to Stephanie.email@example.com.